Reference the attached
The purpose of this assignment is to explore a critical concept in nursing. The student will be able to demonstrate application of information literacy and ability to utilize resources (library, writing center, Center for Academic Success [CAS], APA resources, Turnitin, and others) through literature search and writing the paper.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 2: Identify characteristics of professional behavior including emotional intelligence, communication, and conflict resolution.
CO 3: Demonstrate information literacy and the ability to utilize resources.
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 150 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Locating Evidence
a. Using the Attached
2) Include the following sections.
a. Introduction – 20 points/13%
• Clearly establishes the purpose of the paper
• Includes key points to be covered
• Captures the reader’s interest
b. Body of Paper – 60 points/40%
• Provides a complete, well-developed discussion of key points from the article using appropriate citations.
• Ideas and statements are supported by three or more examples from personal and/or professional experiences
• Provides own perspectives on the topic that is reflective, insightful, and original
• Logical development of ideas with clear and accurate information
c. Conclusion – 30 points/20%
• Clear and concise
• Summarizes key points discussed in the paper
• Leaves a strong impression, message, or idea on the reader
d. Writing Style – 15 point/10%
· Correct use of standard English grammar, paragraph, and sentence structure
· No spelling or typographical errors
· Organized around required components
· Information flows in a logical sequence that is easy for the reader to follow
· Paper should be no more than two pages (not including the title or reference page)
e. APA Format and Reference Page – 25 points/17%
· There is correct and appropriate use of margins, spacing, font, and headers.
· Document setup includes title and reference pages in correct APA format.
· Citations of sources included in the body of the paper use correct APA format for direct quotes and paraphrased information.
· Sources are cited correctly on the Reference page. All elements of each reference are included in the correct order.
· All information taken from the source, even if summarized, must be cited, and the article must be listed on the Reference page according to APA.
· All sources used are nursing journals published within the last five years