IVF & NFP
After studying the course materials located on Module 3: Lecture Materials & Resources page, answer the following:
1) Read and make a summary of ERD 38, 39, 43, 44
2) In Vitro Fertilization: Describe the process and give an ethical analysis.
3) Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis PGD: Describe the process and give an ethical analysis.
4) Surrogate motherhood: Describe and give an ethical analysis.
5) Describe and give an ethical analysis of “Snowflake babies”
6) Artificial insemination: Describe the process. Is this practice ethical? Explain.
7) Explain the principle of double effect.
8) Ethical analysis of a) Ectopic pregnancy and b) cancer of reproductive system during pregnancy.
9) What is Natural Family Planning (NFP)?
10) Describe various NFP protocols and methods available today
The work is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
If references are used, please cite properly according to the current APA style. Refer to your syllabus for further detail or contact your instructor.
Use only references: Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (6th ed.). (2018).
Cioffi, A. (2019, February 9). BIO 602 CONTRA IVF 2 9 19 [Video file]. Retrieved from
BIO 602 CONTRA IVF 2 9 19 (youtube video )