EHR Interoperability Concern
–> 2 page assignment
· Describe a problem, issue, or situation related to EHR interoperability observed during the nursing informatics experience (half-page).
· Using four peer-reviewed sources of evidence, analyze what you have observed within the context of your informatics specialty using appropriate concepts, principles, and theories. Give special attention to observed events that vary from scholarly literature.
· Explain the degree to which the problem, situation, or issue was handled in a manner that is consistent with the theory, concepts, and principles detailed in the evidence.
· Given the various evidence-based approaches that can be used in handling the problem, situation, or issue, formulate a plan for approaching the matter differently.
· Include references immediately following the content.
· Use APA style for your journal entry and references with an in-text citation.
May use other SCHOLARLY and PEER-REVIEWED references:
Perlin, J. B. (2016). Health information technology interoperability and use for better care and evidence. Journal of the American Medical Association, 316(16), 1667-1668. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.12337
Elmer V Bernstam, Jeremy L Warner, John C Krauss, Edward Ambinder, Wendy S Rubinstein, George Komatsoulis, Robert S Miller, James L Chen, Quantitating and assessing interoperability between electronic health records, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, Volume 29, Issue 5, May 2022, Pages 753–760, https://doi.org/10.1093/jamia/ocab289
Huang, J. (2020). Exploration of Smart Healthcare in the Context of Nurse Professionals in Developing Countries. (English). Journal of Nursing, 67(2), 27–32. https://doi.org/10.6224/JN.202004_67(2).05